Slot games with bonuses are among the most popular ones around today. They enhance gameplay, and give players a lot more to enjoy. Understand more about the slot machine symbols that might indicate bonuses there are to be won…
Where we play for the best slot bonuses
What are slot bonus features and how do I get them?
These are bonus features that are sometimes included within slot games. There are various ways you can trigger them, depending on how an individual game is set up:
- You may need to line up symbols on a payline
- You may be required to get a specific number of symbols anywhere on the reels
- There may be other actions you need to perform to trigger a bonus
Slot bonus features
These are a popular and common feature. A trigger is required to get free spins, usually a scatter symbol, but sometimes it can be a wild. Here are some points to remember:
- At least three icons are usually required to trigger free spins
- Free spins often have a multiplier value added to prizes
- You may get more free spins for finding more scatters in the triggering spin
Pick and click
This is an ‘on-reels’ feature offering an instant prize:
- You might need a specific symbol in a specific position, i.e. in the middle of the third reel
- Alternatively, three appearances of one symbol in specific positions might be required
- Pick one symbol shown to secure an instant prize
Pick and match
This is usually in a bonus feature. You will be presented with numerous items on a second screen. You must choose a certain number until you match two or more items to win the prize associated with that item.
Spin the wheel
This is usually presented as a bonus game. You could win numerous things from spinning the wheel, such as:
- Credit prizes
- Some free spins
- A progressive jackpot
- Entry into another bonus feature
Progressive jackpot bonus rounds
Some slot games have one or more progressive jackpots you could win. Some games require you to gain entry to a bonus round to have a shot at winning one. This bonus feature may consist of several levels, or triggers, you must fulfil to win the jackpot.
We usually steer clear of this one, but you should still know what it is. Whenever you win a prize, slots with the gamble bonus prompt you to decide whether to gamble that prize for a shot at doubling. There are two outcomes:
- You guess the outcome correctly and double your prize
- You guess incorrectly and lose the prize
That’s why we encourage you not to go for this one, as you can easily lose what you just won.
Worth knowing: experiment by playing free slots with bonus rounds
If you want to try some, free slots (or those with practice modes) are the best way to begin. Any prizes will be fun though, and not paid for real.
Bonus symbols to look for
Standard reel symbols
These usually fall into one of two main categories:
- Fruit symbols
- Playing card symbols
They are usually the lower-paid symbols for prizes, too.
A scatter symbol is one that can appear anywhere and still win you prizes. Usually, two or more are required for that to happen.
A wild is a symbol that can replace most other symbols in a slot game. There are exceptions in some games, though:
- Scatter symbols
- Bonus symbols
There are different wilds, too. You might get more than one type of wild included in slots with bonuses:
- Wild/stacked reels – this means an entire reel is wild, instead of just one position on that reel
- Multiplier wilds – these have multipliers such as x2, x5, or even x10 added to them, increasing a win if one is involved
- Expanding wilds – if one of these hits, it automatically expands to fill the whole reel before any wins are awarded
- Sticky/locked/frozen wilds – these remain in place for one or more spins; sometimes you get free respins, and other times they remain where they are for your next few spins, depending on the game
- Spreading/walking wilds – these ‘walk’ or spread from one reel to another before eventually leaving the end reel
Games that include slots bonuses
Eyecon’s game has 25 paylines over five reels, and lots of perks, too:
- A white wolf is used as a wild, and doubles all wins
- A dreamcatcher is used as a scatter
- Free spins are triggered by three dreamcatchers
- Free spins have a x3 multiplier on all prizes
- Optional gamble feature also included
Another Eyecon title, this one has 25 paylines, five reels, and a jackpot of x5,000 your bet.
- A pink stuffed elephant is the wild, and a scatter
- A claw grabber is used as another scatter
- Toybox Pick bonus triggered by three claw grabbers
- Three or more elephants trigger up to 25 free spins
- Multiplier of x3 on free spins wins
- Optional gamble feature included too
It’s time for ice cream in this 25-line, five-reel slot, packed with additional bonus features:
- The ice cream van is the wild
- The wild has a x2 multiplier on prizes in the base game
- The ice cream man is the scatter
- Three or more wilds bring you between 15 and 25 free spins
- 3x multiplier added to prizes won in free spins
- Retriggers of free spins possible, with up to 400 freebies to win!
- Three or more scatters win entry into the Ice Cream Maker bonus, where you make an ice cream to win prizes
This game boasts five reels and 25 paylines, and has plenty of bonuses:
- The rainbow is wild on reels two, three, and four
- The wild adds a x2 multiplier to prizes
- The pink unicorn appears as a scatter
- Win up to 25 free spins depending on whether you get three or more scatters in a spin
- Maximum 400 free spins granted for retriggers
Ts and Cs
Always read the T&Cs in slot games, so you can understand how they work. Some slots require additional or higher bets to be placed to allow access to try and win bonus features.
Are you ready to claim some slot bonuses?
Slots with bonus games are popular for good reason. Get on board and try some now!