Head to any bingo hall and you’ll find several players keeping some lucky charms close by as they play. If those same players use online bingo sites, chances are they use the same charms there too. We’re going to find out more about bingo charms and how many there are to choose from.
Top sites to try your luck
How fortunate will you be in spinning the Mega Wheel to look for some free spins when you sign up? Discover lots of promotions to boost your chances too.
Your good fortune begins with 30 free spins if you sign up to Wink Slots. Perhaps you’ll use a lucky charm to improve your odds of scooping a jackpot, too?
Multiply your deposit with a 500% bonus for signing up to Big Tease Bingo. They’ve got daily jackpots to try for as well.
Free spins for much-loved slots are up for grabs when you spin the Mega Wheel upon joining Cheers Bingo. Don’t miss the jackpot section in the games area.
How do players try and improve their luck?
There are more ways than you might think to answer this question. Some are common while others are not as well known. We’ve highlighted some diverse options here for you.
Creating a mantra to try and bring good fortune
What is a mantra? It’s a saying you repeat to instil it into your mind. If we apply this to bingo, we’re hoping the saying will bring us some positive results. Here are a few ideas of mantras:
- I will enjoy the best of luck as I play bingo
- I am a lucky person
- Today will produce a lovely prize as I play
Positivity is the order of the day here, as you might expect.
Will your lucky number come up?
Some people believe certain numbers bring them better fortune than others. Numbers are chosen in several ways:
- A special month (from one to 12)
- Part of a phone number
- Lucky bingo numbers relating to a previous prize you’ve won
- Numbers that are thought to be lucky, i.e. seven or eight
As you can see, it’s possible to use numbers others believe to bring good fortune. They do not necessarily need to have meaning to you.
Most people can think of a few of these – a four-leaf clover is supposed to be lucky, for example. There are other bingo good luck charms too though:
- A rabbit’s foot (not as lucky for the rabbit, though)
- Cross your fingers and maybe your toes too
- A horseshoe (keep it as a U shape and the luck is supposed to stay inside)
- A lucky seven or eight charm (both numbers are thought to bring good fortune)
Would you repeat something that worked for you before?
This is how some players create their own lucky charms. We’ve covered numbers already; if you win at bingo, you might prefer the numbers that were lucky for you before.
Here are other ideas that are relevant in this sense:
- Does one day of the week seem to bring better fortune than others?
- Do you always seem to be wearing the same kind of clothing?
- Do you tend to fare better playing bingo on your tablet rather than your computer?
- Did you get a prize by playing 75-ball bingo and completing a specific pattern?
Of course, we can never be sure our good fortune will continue. However, it’s easy to see how some players would be persuaded to carry on with superstitions or charms.
Do you have any favourite bingo superstitions?
Maybe it’s as simple as playing the same bingo game over all other possibilities. It doesn’t hurt to stay in familiar territory, does it? Whatever you do, make sure you stick to your budget and enjoy the process.
Oh, and good luck!